Friday Night Videos
'All I Want'
'I Will Love You'
'House Of Cards'
'God Put A Smile On Your Face'
'Vertigo (Banjo Mix)'
'House Of Broken Dreams'
"...nothing I can say, a total eclipse of the heart"
From Patriot Post:
Have you ever attended a funeral service out of respect for a friend or colleague, and left perplexed as to whom the eulogy was referring? Just once, I would like to go to a service for some disreputable rogue and have a clergyman deliver a eulogy that was faithful to the facts rather than full of fiction. (Hopefully, that won't be my own!)
I am certainly not suggesting that we should stand in judgment of any man, for that is the exclusive domain of our Creator. However, we should never abandon our responsibility to discern right from wrong.
On that note, Edward "Teddy" Kennedy (22 February 1932 -- 25 August 2009) died this week at age 77.
By Crowded House, via Sarah Blasko, and sometimes, moi:
There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
But you'll never see the end of the road while you're traveling with me
From Blogizdat LJ:
- It's early, the house is quiet and I'm getting ready for work.
- I've been working for thirty years, now, actually, nearly thirty-five, if you count part-time work during college.
- I will qualify for a full pension in another six years.
- There's no way in h*ll I'll be able to afford to retire then.
- I was moved to a different location at work yesterday, spent a lot of time this week cleaning my cubicle and packing things up.
- I feel really tired right now.
- I wonder if I'm anemic - or something worse.
- I always imagine the worst.
I Still Remember.
- Just those five words, nothing more, and thing is, two years on I don't recall what it was that I remembered, and I don't recall if it was a post that was intended as something to-be-fleshed-out, or if it was simply a comment on the events of the day, but then again, come to think on it, maybe I really *did* remember, or maybe it hadn't happened yet, or maybe it has, and I've just forgotten to remember, but trust me, I will never forget.
Composição: Renato Russo
Não faz meu estilo
Palavras são erros
E os erros são seus
Não quero lembrar
Que eu erro também
Um dia pretendo
Porque é mais forte
Quem sabe mentir
Não quero lembrar
Que eu minto também...
Eu sei! Eu sei!
Feche a porta do seu quarto
Porque se toca o telefone
Pode ser alguém
Com quem você quer falar
Por horas e horas e horas...
A noite acabou
Que fugir sem você
Mas não, não vá agora
Quero honras e promessas
Lembranças e histórias...
Somos pássaro novo
Longe do ninho
Eu sei! Eu sei!...
From Yahoo News:
WASHINGTON – The State Department struggled Tuesday to explain Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's face-off with a Congolese student and suggested that the questioner's nervousness sparked the outburst with the mention of her husband's name.
Clinton snapped at the university student in Kinshasa on Monday when he asked what her husband, former President Bill Clinton, and Congo native and former NBA star Dikembe Mutombo thought about an international financial matter. Mutombo was appearing with her at the university.
"Wait. You want me to tell you what my husband thinks?" Clinton asked in response. "My husband is not the secretary of state; I am. So you ask my opinion, I will tell you my opinion. I'm not going to be channeling my husband."
From Blogizdat LJ:
Read the rest here.
- It's been hot and humid today.
- It hasn't been that hot for most of the summer.
- The storms and tornadoes tonight wasn't unexpected.
- I actually got out walking for a half hour this afternoon, and it was horrid-muggy.
- My foot has been hurting pretty bad today.
- I'm still recovering from the bronchitis that came on me last week.
- Went out to the Old Country Buffet for breakfast with the family today.
- I'm always amazed how heavy the patrons are at OCB.
- I'm also amazed at the amount they eat.