I've got a friend who sent me the following, and although I'm going to respond to his request to answer it, I just don't have the 'whatever' to send it on to 'all my friends,' but if you'd like to cop this and have a go at it, please help yourself. I'm just posting it because I already filled it for my buddy, and I'm too lazy to write anything else for this blog, right now. Enjoy:
1. Were you named after anyone?
Yes, my great-grandfather.
2. When was the last time you cried?
Hmm, last week, when I read the lyrics to Suzy Boggus' 'Letting Go.'
3. Do you like your handwriting.
No. Well, even I can't read it, and there's nothing to like in that.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
5. Do you have kids?
Affirmative, two lovely daughters.
6. If you were another person would you be friends with you?
Prolly depends on the person, methinks. Then again, maybe not.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
What do *you* think?
8. Do you still have your tonsils?
9. Would you bungee jump?
Two words: hail, no!
10. What is your favorite cereal?
Honey Nut Cherios. No, wait, it's Frosted Flakes. Neh, I'll stick with the Cheerios.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. What kind of nutty question is that?
12. Do you think you are strong?...
I suppose it depends on who's measuring, but I'll say 'yes.'
13. What is your favorite ice cream?
Light Vanilla Bean Hagen Daz.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
It depends. If I can hear them speak, I first notice the tone of their voice. Otherwise...hey, waita minnit! This could get me in trouble. Nope, no mas. Not gonna go there.
15. Red or pink?
To quote Dr. Phil: are you nuts?
16. What is your least favorite food?
Sauerkraut, or Lutefisk.
17. Who do you miss the most?
My sister, who died when I was nine.
18. Do you want everyone to send this back to you?
I'm not sending it to anyone, but you're welcome to cop it offa my blog.
19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?
Blue jeans, and white&blue tennis/walking shoes.
20. What was the last thing you ate?
Grilled Ham and Cheese sandwich, and watermelon, for lunch.
21. What are you listening to right now?
Well, while I'm typing this I have no music playing, but in my head: Regina Spektor's 'Samson,' from her latest, 'Begin To Hope.' I just picked up the CD, ripped it to my iPod, and have been listening today. Holy Russian Beauties, Batman! It's far and away one of the best things I've heard in a long time.
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Huh? How about Black and Blue?
23. Favorite smells?
Fresh baked bread; lilac-scented air; new cars. That's all you're getting outta me.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
25. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
26. Favorite sports to watch?
27. Hair color?
Used to be Auburn, is kinda brown, what's left of it.
28. Eye color?
Blueish-Greenish something or other. I think.
29. Do you wear contacts?
30. Favorite food?
Not possible to limit it to one favorite, but I love cherry yogurt, vanilla ice cream, my FIL's homemade pizza, Greek Salads, corn on the cob with butter and salt and pepper, Guarana', dark 65% chocolate, Bulkogi, hard boiled eggs, Cherry Coke. Okay, there's lots more, but I have more to write, here.
31. Scary movies or happy endings?
Scary movies freak me out, so I'll say happy endings, but I'm really most into documentaries.
32. Last movie you watched?
'Central Station,' or some Bollywood movie, I think. I have a ton that I want to watch, including several on VHS tape I bought this past weekend:
The Usual Suspects
The Black Stallion
The Lost World (Jurrasic Park II)
Shakespeare In Love
33. What is your middle name?
Not gonna tell. You can't make me.
34. Summer or winter?
Neither. Summer's too hot, winter's too cold. I like Spring and Fall.
35. Hugs or kisses?
Aw, come on! WTH? How can they be pried apart? Gotta have both. Okay, hugs. Then Kisses. Then more hugs.
36. Favorite dessert?
Low Fat Snackwell Vanilla Creme-filled cookies. Okay, that's actually my favorite bedtime snack. I like hot apple pie and vanilla ice cream. There.
37. Most likely to respond?
Already said, I'm not sending it on to anyone.
38. Least likely to respond?
39. What book are you reading now?
Hmm, I'm always in the middle of reading about a dozen, but most recently - today - I've been reading Pygmalion, by GB Shaw.
40. What is on your mouse pad?
Dust and scratches.
41. What did you watch on TV last night?
The news. I can't take any more of that CSI dreck.
42. Favorite sound?
My daughters' laughing, giggling, or chortling. They are the cutest.
43. Rolling stones or Beatles?
The Fab Four, man! A pox on Their Satanic Majesties, I say.
44. What is the farthest you have been from home?
Well, I grew up in South America, but that *was* home, so I'll say it was when I came to the US from Brazil, when I was a kid.
45. Do you have a special talent?
Special? Neh. Well, I can levitate and bend spoons. Is that special? Okay, I can't really do that. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.
46. Where were you born?
Princeton, New Jersey.
47. Whose answers are you looking forward to getting?
How many times do I have to say this: I ain't passing it on!