Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Off To Camp


Seven year-old Daughter Number One AE headed off for two days at Gramdmother/Grandkid camp this AM. I had prepared a bag of candy to send along with her, and when I told her that I had a surprise for her, she asked if it might be a picture of me, so she could remember me better, while she was gone. I told that no, it wasn't, but when I handed the bag to her, she beamed, clutched it to her chest and said, 'Dad, this is wonderful. Thank you.' I helped her load her suitcase and backpack into Grandma's car and asked her if she was excited to be going, to which she replied: 'Yes, I *am* excited, and I know I'll have fun, but I'm really going to miss you, Dad.' Okay, I'll admit, I teared up just a wee bit. I gave her a hug, told her I'd miss her too, and off they went. And even though three year-old LK is here, the house seems just a wee bit empty right now.

No comments: